Monday 12 November 2012

Goth Style 9/11/12

The first style I'm going to explore is Goth, which came about in the late 1970's. It was a style that took the look of Glam Rock, New Wave, and Punk; mixed them together and added a dark twist to the look so that it wasn't as appealing to the mainstream public who just wanted to copy the popular looks of the time.  

I plan to shoot my photograph in a woodland setting as it complements the romantic side of the sub-culture.

Aesthetic choices -

Make-up
Plan

-Pale white foundation
-Black and red lipstick
-A heavy black smokey eye
-Heavy, exaggerated black eyeliner
-Thin black eyebrows dawn in eyeliner












Test 30/11/12

...(INSERT VIDEO HERE)


  Sources Used for Makeup
DelyriaPhoto's 'Delyria's classic gothic look tutorial by Delyria' available here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlHceuuoMEo&feature=plcp




Hair
Plan
-If i can find a big black wig then i will wear that, if not i plan to create a large volumised hairstyle similar to goths of the 1980's by back-combing my hair.
-I drew inspiration from Siouxsie Sioux's large crimped hair

Final Look
I did manage to find an appropriate Wig for this look. It is a long black wig with a pointed fringe; I found this in our loft with old Halloween costumes.

  Sources Used for Hair



- An image of Siouxsie Sioux taken by Simon Fowler
- I used sweetbeautyx's tutorial on how to crimp hair as an inspirstion together with my existing knowledge. The tutoral is available here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbP08P59X0U

- As I wore a wig I used ... tutorial on how to apply a wig cap and then a wig.

Clothing

As I chose to show the romantic side to the subculture I stayed away from fabrics such as plastic or leather as they have edgier connotations. I wore a black shirt with a black under-bust corset over the top; black skinny jeans and purple New Rock boots with a black spider web design. I also wore a long purple velvet coat with black fur trim. 

  Sources Used for Clothing


      


 Final Image


No comments:

Post a Comment